News & Opinions

Start typing to see suggestions or browse Australia

Hostie sacked for giving the finger to passengers

February 7, 2013, 9:33 amYahoo!7

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's both. An Aeroflot air hostess has been sacked after posting an alleged picture of herself giving her passengers the finger.

Hostie sacked for giving the finger to passengers
Rating:
(3)

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's both. An Aeroflot air hostess has been sacked after posting an alleged picture of herself giving her passengers the finger before it went viral on Twitter and Facebook.

Russian flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko uploaded the happy snap to her profile page on Vkontakte, a Facebook style social networking site in Russia.

It only took a matter of hours for the image to be shared thousands of times.

Tatiana Kozlenko, and the image posted on her Vkontakte page

News outlets report that Aeroflot managers fired Kozlenko for posting the inappropriate picture, despite the flight attendants pleas that she did not take the photo herself.

Tatiana posted on her Vkontakte page: "I don’t consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it

"The hand isn't mine, the plane is not my company’s!!! I don’t understand what they spoil my life for!!! I'm asking you for help and support"

This isn't the first time someone has been sacked over a social media post. In November last year, 22-year-old Denise Helms was fired from her job after posted a rant about Obama's re-election. While Lindsey Stone from Massachusetts was placed on unpaid leave from her job at a not-for-profit organisation after posting a disrespectful image at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Do you think the sacking is an overreaction?

More In Travel

The hottest beachside resorts
Pleasure beyond measure at Murano
What they don't tell you in the airline safety video

Show:
Newest First
Oldest First
Top Rated
Most Replies

38 Comments

1. zxcvb10:24pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I'm a hard man but I wouldn't have sacked her. It's not her, not Aeroflot. It was a mistake to tag it 'though. I think that means a spanking young lady.

2. Wally08:53pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Normal behaviour from Qantas and Virgin attendants LOL!

3. janis l08:51pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

sound like a dumb #$%$ yank from the evil empire of u.s.a why don't you yanks go back to your own country and stay there

1 Reply
  4. John08:23pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

A: That is not an Aeroflot plane. B: The person making the gesture is not wearing an Aeroflot uniform. However, it's still poor judgement on her part. Getting the sack is a bit rich though. A written warning would probably have been better. After all, everyone makes mistakes.

5. Truthful Jones05:41pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

She deserved the sack. She's nothing but a smart #$%$

6. david g04:23pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Idiots often get the sack - regardless of what they look like.

7. Shanneene03:15pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

You can't expect much more from a Russian. They are known to be rude and horrible people. She got what was coming to her, IMO. And to those morons saying 'she shouldn't get fired, because she's cute'.... omg, get a life, please. Who the hell cares what she looks like? If you have done the wrong thing, you lose your job. Simple as that. Whether they are cute or not should make difference at all. I'm glad she got fired. The stuck up blonde bimbo. She probably slept with someone to get her job, anyway. We don't need ladder-climbing bed hoppers like that as our flight attendants. I mean, if I flipped a customer the bird, I would be looking for a job the next day. Why should some blonde piece of booty be any different?

1 Reply
  8. Doug02:08pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

She's pretty cute.... I may have given her a second chance! :o)

9. Di02:02pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Not all, but a lot of young people are so disrespectful these days. YES she should have been sacked. She should have had more respect and commonsense not to take any part in it, her in the photo or not. It's a privilege to have a job, not a right, and you have to earn it.

10. Hidden Fortress01:41pm Thursday 07th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Sacking her has created 100,000 x the bad publicity that a little facebook post would have. The people that sacked her have done by far the most damage to their company brand.

1 Reply