News & Opinions

Start typing to see suggestions or browse Australia

No cool princes on Disney Dream, complains disappointed kid

February 18, 2013, 11:01 amYahoo!7

An eight-year-old boy is unhappy he didn’t get to meet any “cool” princes like Aladdin or Eric on a recent Disney Cruise.

No cool princes on Disney Dream, complains dissappointed kid - Aladdin
Rating:
(5)

An eight-year-old boy is unhappy he didn’t get to meet any “cool” princes, like Aladdin or Eric, on a recent Disney Cruise.

Aladdin. Credit: Disney

The kid, Ethan, recently travelled with his family on the cruise ship Disney Dream. Disappointed he was not able to meet his heroes, Ethan filed an official letter of complaint to the famous cruise line.

“I just got back from a trip on the Disney Dream. I had a pretty good time but it could have been better,” he wrote.

"I wish I could have met some princes like Aladdin or Eric, but there was no boy character on the ship."

"I would also like to meet Jack Sparrow. It made me a little sad. I complained a lot. I'm not sure we'll go on another cruise again."

Fair point. Have you been on a Disney Cruise? See any “cool” princes or just a bunch of hot princesses? Share your experience below.

Letter photo credit: Reddit

Follow TotalTravel on Facebook

Follow @totaltravel on Twitter and Instagram

Show:
Newest First
Oldest First
Top Rated
Most Replies

31 Comments

1. Allison09:12pm Wednesday 20th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Dear Ethan I am sorry there were no disney princes on your cruise, but life unfortunately life is full of disappointment. Most boys and girls your age do not get to go on holidays, and don't even have mums and dads that can even afford to take their kid to disney movies. Instead be happy that you got to go on the holiday that most kids your age dream about, but will never have :)

2. Snuffles, Snuff, Snuffy....09:30am Tuesday 19th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

That's because the Princes have to stay at Epcot with their Princess, and Jack Sparrow is always on the run. He also needs to run his Pirate tutorials at The Magic Kingdom. They can't be in two places at once...

3. R rated Preacher12:04am Tuesday 19th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

No dought it's run by Dykes! Man haters! Sad rags!

4. Ghost Hunter01:23pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

@ Lisa - very glad to hear something positive from someone for once ! My daughter's best friend has worked for years on the Disney cruises as part of the ships staff. The only comment I ever heard her make was how the kids ran the crew never stopped trying to do anything they could to give their 'guests' a great time.

5. The Skud01:22pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Perhaps the men were all up at the bow with Wendy etc making arm wings.

6. Wayne01:07pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

who decided for him that he was having a bad time?,,maybe Dad wnated to see Jack Sparrow etc...or perhaps the characters were all on board but the parents were too disinterested in making sure they had their son there on time...then the parents blame the Cruise Liner....any way the little #$%$ should get a realty check about how most of the world doesnt have the money to go on a cruise and should be grateful

7. Andie01:05pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

First off, Julie get a life, obviously you never had kids, all kids complain. A lot of the Disney cruises have most of the female characters on board. Over the last few years most of the imprtant characters have been female in their movies. And a pretty vapid lot they have been. Secondly Darryl a child that complains is not a brat, is a child that cries one, if so I truely pity any child that either of you have. Good on him maybe the feministas that run Disney will sit up and take notice and start producing heros that are just that and not that vapid aladin

2 Replies
  8. Sing12:59pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

i want a free cruise, can i have one?

2 Replies
  9. Lisa12:50pm Monday 18th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

We have done 3 Disney cruises (travelled from Australia to do them) & I have 2 boys. Each cruise we met Cpt Jack Sparrow, Peter Pan, Cpt Hook, Stitch, Alladin etc. My boys were 7 & 10 on the first cruise & 12 & 15 on the last one. They still love it, & are looking forward to another one when we travel back to the US in April next year. By the way I also have a daughter & she loves the whole princess thing too, & getting dressed up as a pirate on Pirates In The Carribean Night!!! Even at 14!! :-)